Definition of Email Marketing
The use of Email to promote products and services. It is a powerful tool for acquiring, engaging and retaining customers to help your business grow. Developing relationships with potential customers and/or clients.
Types of Email Marketing
- Digital Magzine or Newsletter
- Event Invitation
- Direct Emails
- Transactional Emails
- Social media send
- Internal updates
- Confirmation email
Reasons to start Email Marketing Campaign
- Email Marketing is Targeted
- Email Marketing increases Brand Awareness
- Email Marketing is Easy Shareable
- Email Marketing is Measurable
- Email Marketing is Cost Effective
Why Email Marketing is Important
As Social Media grew in popularity many marketers started to ask
questionthe future of email marketing.
Reasons why Email Marketing is Important.
- It is more effective than social media
- Economic and cost effective
- Personal and customizable
- Action oriented
Email Marketing Is Still Relevant
In an age of increasing usage of social media for advertising, email marketing still rules the roost, according to a study conducted by HostPapa:
- 94% of Internet users use email, while only 61% use social media
- 75% of adult online users say that email marketing is their preferred marketing method
- Email marketing allows targeting by demographics
- Email messages have a much wider range of formatting possibilities
thansocial media messages
- Email offers more reporting and analytics capability, such as click-through rates, open rates, bounce rates, and conversions.
- High Reach
- Great Flexibility
- Minimal Risk
- Low Barrier of entry
- Full Control
Disadvantages of Email Marketing
- Sending emails by mistakes
- Undelivered emails
- Size issues
- Resources and skills
Email Marketing Tips
- Build your own list.
- Don’t just send out ads to buy all the time
- Treat your list well.
- Stick to a schedule if you’re doing a newsletter
- Use your actual name as your from address.
- Be trustworthy.
How to get your Emails Opened
- Give people a reward for reading.
- Promise something good.
- Use power words.
- Use a number.
- A/b Testing
How to write Engaging Emails
- Keep it short
- Ask questions
- Don’t follow a strict formula
- Add a personal touch.
- Use the word you.
- Develop a natural voice.
- Highlight benefits.
- Insert multiple links
Email Marketing Tools
Email marketing tools are tools that marketers use to create, send, test, optimize and report on their email campaigns.
Follow us on Social Media